miércoles, 4 de abril de 2012

Countryside Akitas II


Do you show your own dogs,or do you prefere an handler?
Until I started having serios heart trouble I’ve always shown my own dogs.I prefer that.
What do you think about politics(judges ,handlers…) on the breed?What would you change?
In the US politics is awful.Horrble dogs win with pro hasndlers.Shame on the judges.
Would you rather show under an all breed judge or a breeder judge?Why?
I’d rather show to an all breed judge because unless your dogs look like the breeder judges you won’t win.

Have you ever been  interested on becoming a judge?
Yes I’ve seriously considered it and have already done most of the required things to get my license.
How did your train your dogs,an ad what age did you begin?
I start puppies out right from 6 or 8 weeks teaching them to stack and walk on the leash with the heads up.I love self stacking dogs so an outgoing attitude is needed.

Have you ever sold or trained dogs for obedience work?
Yes I have several who do obedience and Rally and one does search and rescue.
Could you give any advice to owners who would like to handle their own dog?
Go to a training class and work your dog.Be consistent in the training and never cruel.Make it fun for the puppies.
At what age do you evaluate your puppies for pet/show,and what are you looking for?

I watch them right from birth but do not make my final choice til 8 weeks.I look for the puppy who carries itself boldly and stops 4 square.An outgoing puppy.
What kind of surface do you have on the ground for your kennels?
My kennels are gravel.I hate cement.It’s bad for the feet if they are in there all the time.They go down in the pasterns and get flat footed.

What advice might you give to other breeders who are starting on the breed?
Try to find a mentor.Join an all breed kennel club.Go to training classes.I take dogs once a week.
I know you have dogs from your lines on a lot of countries,and you traveled sometimes overseas.What do you think about social networks?Are they changing dogshow scene?

My first overseas trip was to Holland and Germany and I was appalled to see dogs in muzzles  being brought ringside and how unorderly things were.Lots of yelling.Greece was very nice.Spain was nice and really nice show site.
Some of the more successful Spanish Akitas came from your work.What is t your feeling about it?What did you feel when an American akitab who came from your work ,Logan(De Kaners A. Wolverine Revenge)was BIS on Paris Dogshow,with 25.000 dogs in catalogue?
I was so proud of Logan!!I was a proud grandma JA lot of work has gone into his career.
What has been your biggest thrill on the breed?
I’ve made a lot of lifetime friends doing dogs.My Rumor won AOM at our Specialty several times and was a BISS winner at a Specialty.

 What about your biggest disappointment?
I always thought Rumor should have gotten a Best In Show.
You came to Spain twice some years ago.What are your feelings about the people and dogs here?Did you meet some dog you liked specially?
I met wonderful people in Spain!I would love to come back.My favorite Akita in Spain is Simba(Ying Tao Trueno)




.He has fabulous bone and movement and a lovely head and temperament.I would bring him home!I usually do not care for the no mask look but he is an exception.And of course I’m partial to Jordan’s Fiona.I cried nearly all the way home when I left her in Spain.Her success makes me very proud.Kramer has done so well as a stud dog and show winner.My dogs and their wonderful owners in Spain make me so very proud.

My husband never shows but about 10 years ago he had to help me.He was dressed like a cowboy with the boots and hat and goes in the ring clomping around.The judge was really watching him.Finally he wins but the judge told him “I’m giving this ribbon to the dog as you have no idea what you are doing”.We all laughed but my husband was so proud of himself.LOL Thank you so much for the interview.I really saw a great improvement in the quality of the dogs in Spain from my first visit to my next.My best advice is to watch your breedings closely and only use dogs who have health clearances.That is so important to the breed.Learn the standard for the breed and how to interpret it.Don’t just buy puppies from the popular breeders.Many are in it just for the money.

HD-Sacas tus propios perros a Ring o prefieres un handler?
BB-Hasta que empecé a tener serios problemas de corazón,siempre saque mis propios perros a pista,lo prefiero.
HD-¿Que piensas sobre la política en el Mundo de los shows(Jueces,handlers...)?¿Que cambiarías?
BB-En USA la política es terrible.Perros horribles ganan sólo porque los presentan handlers profesionales.Una vergüenza para los jueces.
HD-¿Preferirías presentar con un allrounder o con un Juez Criador?
BB-Preferiría con un allrounder,porque no ganaría si mis perros no se parecen a los del juez criador.
HD-¿Te has planteado alguna vez hacerte jueza?
BB-Lo estoy considerado seriamente e incluso he realizado todos los pasos necesarios para conseguir mi licencia.

HD-Como y a que edad comienzas a entrenar a tus perros `para show?
BB-Empiezo entre las seis y las ocho semanas,enseñándoles a posar en estática y a moverse con correa con la cabeza alta.Me gustan los perros que posan solos,así que hace falta que tengan muy buena actitud.
HD-¿has vendido perros para obediencia?
BB-Si,he vendido perros para obediencia y agility,e  incluso hay uno que trabaja como perro de rescate.
HD-¿A que edad evalúas los cachorros,y que buscas?
BB-Me fijo en ellos desde que nacen,pero no tomo mi decisión final hasta que tienen ocho semanas.Busco el cachorro excepcional,que posa y se mantiene en pie con gallardía.

HD-¿Qué clase de superficie tienes en el suelo de tus perreras?
BB-Mis perreras tienen grava.Odio el cemento.Es malo para sus pies si están allí todo el tiempo.ACABAN PISANDO CON LOS METACARPOS Y SE LES ABREN LOS DEDOS DE LOS PIES
HD-¿Qué consejos darías a los criadores que están empezando en la raza?
BB-Intenta encontrar un mentor con experiencia,un guía.Hazte socio de una Canina.Haz trabajo de preparación de exposiciones cada semana.Yo aún lo hago.
HD-Se que hay perros de tus líneas vendidos en muchos países,y has viajado varias veces fuera a otros Continentes.¿Crees que Internet y las Redes sociales han cambiado la cría canina?
BB-Mi primer viaje intercontinental fue hace años a Alemania y Holanda y me quedé horrorizada de ver como los perros entraban con bozal en el ring,y como las cosas estaban de desorganizadas.Muchos gritos.Grecia fue agradable.España fue muy agradable,y el sitio era muy agradable para el show.
HD-Algunos de los perros con más éxito en España vienen de tu trabajo.¿Que sentiste cuando un hijo de Kramer(Csides Kaners Miyamoto),llamado Logan(de Kaners A. Wolverine Revenge) fue BIS en la Mundial con 25.000 perros en ring?

BB-¡Estoy muy orgullosa de Logan!Soy una abuela orgullosa.Ha habido un montón de trabajo detrás de su carrera.
HD-¡Cual ha sido tu momento más  emocionante en la raza?
BB-He hecho un montón de amigos para toda la vida a través de los akitas.My Rumor fue AOM en la Nacional hace unos años.EL fue también ganador de algunas Especiales.
HD-¿Y tu mayor decepción?
BB-Siempre pensé que Rumor debería haber ganado algún BIS

HD-Has venido dos veces a España,¿cual es tu opinión sobre la gente y los perros de aquí?¿te gustó especialmente algún perro?
¡Conocí gente maravillosa en España!Mi perro favorito de allí es Simba(Ying Tao Trueno).Tiene un hueso y moviemiento fabulosos,y una cabeza y un temperamento excepcionales.me gustaría traérmelo para casa.Normalmente no me gustan los perros sin máscara,pero Simba es una excepción.Desde luego,soy parcial con Fiona(Csides Fiona)

.LLoré todo el camino de vuelta cuando la dejé en España.Sus éxitos me hacen sentir muy orgullosa.Kramer(Csides Kaners Miyamoto) lo ha hecho muy bien como semental yes un ganador de Especiales.Mis perros y sus maravillosos dueños en España me hacen sentir muy orgullosa.
He tenido momentos maravillosos en la raza.Mi marido nunca sale a ring,pero una vez hace 10 años tuvo que ayudarme.Iba vestido como un cowboy,con sus botas altas y su sombrero,y alli salió al ring dando saltos alrededor.El juez estaba realmente fijándose en él.Finalmente,ganó,pero el juez le dijo:"Le doy la escarapela,porque tú no tienes ni idea de lo que estás haciendo"Todos nos reímos,pero mi marido estaba tod orgulloso por haberlo logrado.
Gracias por la entrevista,realmente vi una mejora en la calidad de los perros entre mis dos visitas.Mi mejor consejo es que vigiléis atentamente vuestros cruces y SOLO USEIS PERROS QUE TENGAN HECHAS PRUEBAS DE SALUD.Eso es muy importante para la raza.Aprended el standard y como interpretarlo.No compréis cachorros de muchos criadores populares.Están ahí solo por el dinero.

No hay comentarios: